Help Prevent House Fires
Having the dryer vent cleaned once a year will significantly reduce the risk of a fire.
Lower Utility Bills
A clean dryer vent allows your entire system to run more efficiently & reducing your bills.Let us manage your safety program
Reduce Odors & Mold
Keep your clothes and sheets and towels smelling fresh and clean after ever wash!
Residential & Commercial Clothes Dryer Vent Cleaning in Itasca
Every time you choose Just Dryer Vents to inspect or clean your dryer vent, you are hiring a locally owned and operated company. We use our proven 11 point inspection and cleaning process to ensure that your clothes dryer runs effectively, effeciently and safely.
11 Point Dryer Vent Cleaning Process
1. Complete an initial all points inspection
2. Clean out the pipe from dryer to wall. White plastic isn’t code. We’ll install correct pipe.
3. Clean out the lint within the dryer itself that gets beyond the lint trap with brush and vacuum. By design, 35% of the lint passes through the lint trap or the dryer wouldn’t dry, like I said before.
4. Vacuum walls and floor and wash floor under dryer if necessary.
5. Vacuum out dryer from rear while it is running to complete dryer cleaning.
6. Run spinning brush or high-pressure reverse-blowing air thru pipe from roof or outside wall, into laundry room while vacuum is running in pipe to suck up loosened lint.
7. Reinstall proper vent piping correctly with quality stainless steel, worm gear clamps that hold pipe securely and don’t come off like spring clamps when dryer is moved to clean or retrieve items.
8. Wash outside of dryer, re-position and balance.
9. Test run dryer to make sure it is working properly.
10. Make sure water hoses (for washer) are tight. Rubber washers shrink over time.
11. Make sure gas pipe (for dryer) is proper material (brass pipe isn’t code), and not leaking.
Call 1-847-986-8855 today
Dryer Vent Cleaning Itasca
Cleaning the dryer vents in your home can help prevent a fire from happening in your Itasca, Illinois residence. There are over 15,000 fires caused by a clogged dryer vent in the U.S. every year. Dryer vent fires can easily be prevented by simply getting your dryer vent cleaned. If your dryer vent/dryer duct gets clogged with lint, it can cause the dryer to overheat, causing a possible fire. If you start noticing your dryer cycles are taking longer than 40 minutes to dry then you most likely need your dryer vent cleaned. If your dryer starts to overheat then it’s another sign the dryer vent needs to be cleaned. Here are some easy tips to follow to prevent house fires:
- Avoid using screws when putting together your dryer vent pipe. Lint can build up around the screws and cause more friction.
- If the dryer duct is kinked or crushed it can cause poor airflow. Try to keep it from getting kinked. Another way is to buy a dryer vent box that allows you to have the dryer safely against the wall.
- Maximize the length of the exhaust pipe or install a dryer duct booster.
- The dryer duct should be made out of metallic material because it is non combustable.
- The dryer vent should not vent to the exterior and never vent to the attic or crawlspace.
Signs your dryer vent needs to be cleaned
When your dryer isn’t working as well as it used to, many people automatically think there is something wrong with the dryer and it needs to be replaced or that it’s broken if the dryer is not heating up. Purchasing a new dryer might be an unnecessary cost if your clogged dryer vent is the reason it’s not working right. Getting your dryer vent cleaned is affordable and a fraction of what a new dryer would cost. Another common sign your vent needs to be cleaned is when the dryer is not heating up properly. Sometimes when the dryer overheats it has a safety button and will automatically turn the heat off until the dryer has cooled down. Calling a professional to look at and clean your dryer duct in Itasca might be the solution you are looking for! The next time you are experiencing any of the signs below contact Just Dryer Vents today!
- Clothes aren’t drying – running your clothes dryer for more than one cycle is a sign that
- If it’s been over a year since you last got your vent cleaned – It’s important to get your dryer vent cleaned once a year. Getting it cleaned by a professional or doing it yourself is up to you! you need your dryer vent cleaned. This also creates wear and tear on your dryer and causes it to overheat.
- Burning smell – the burning smell is most likely the lint burning in your dryer. If you smell burning stop the cycle and call a professional immediately.
- Dryer has heat on the outside – if the dryer is very hot after each cycle then it means that the vent is not exhausting air properly.
- Lint coming out of the vent – if you notice lint outside the lint trap then it usually means the vent needs to be cleaned.
Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning
It is important to clean the dryer vent in your Addison home. A majority of people think cleaning the lint vents in their dryer is enough. But it’s also important to get the dryer vent cleaned by a professional. A professional will clean the duct with special tools and make sure there is noting else going on in the vent and keep your Itasca home safe.
- Fire Prevention – Cleaning the duct annually will prevent fires because the duct won’t have a chance to get clogged with lint, that would create additional friction and possibly start a fire in your home in Itasca, Illinois.
- Help Reduce Bills – if your dryer vents are clogged than your dryer has to work harder to dry your clothes, making it overheat. Getting your dryer duct cleaned will help save on energy bills because you won’t have to over-run the dryer. This also helps prolong the life expectancy of your dryer.
We are always ready to help!
“Just Dryer Vents offers excellent service! Very thorough, quick, and the price is reasonable! I recommend Ron and team for all your dryer vent cleaning and servicing needs!”
“Gave Just dryer vents a call when I needed someone to come out and do some vent cleaning in my dryer. They came out the next day and started cleaning it out. Once it got all cleaned out they tested it to make sure the dryer worked they were very professional. Would use their service again.”
“I was able to get my dryer vent cleaned the day after I called. Ron did a great job including pointing out some possible future problem areas. I would definitely recommend Ron’s service to others.”