Residential Clothes Dryer Vent Cleaning
Having the dryer vent cleaned once a year will significantly reduce the risk of a fire.
Help Prevent House Fires
Every time you choose Just Dryer Vents to inspect and clean your dryer vent, you are hiring a locally owned and operated company. We use our proven 10 point inspection and cleaning process to ensure that your clothes dryer runs effectively, efficiently and safely.
1. Inspect dryers for any problems, like not heating or damaged lint screen.
2. Clean out the pipe from dryer to wall if pipe meets code.
Replace if necessary with proper piping.
3. Clean out the lint within the dryer itself that gets beyond the lint screen, by sucking it out with our powerful vacuum and special tool that gets all the way down to fan motor. By design, 35% of the lint passes through the lint screen, or the clothes wouldn’t dry.
4. Vacuum out exhaust pipe, and louvres on rear of dryer. Wash floor if necessary.
5. Vacuum out dryer from rear while it is running to complete internal dryer cleaning.
6. Reinstall proper vent pipe if required with quality stainless steel worm gear clamps that hold pipe securely and don’t come off like spring clamps when dryer is moved to clean or retrieve items.
7. Wash outside of dryer if necessary, reposition and make sure it is balanced.
8. Test run dryer to make sure it is working properly.
9. Make sure gas line isn’t leaking, and gas line is of proper material.Plastic pipe isn’t code.
10. Tighten water lines on washer. Rubber washers shrink over time, and can leak.
Local Dryer Vent Cleaning Service
We offer a full range of dryer vent cleaning services and repair services to the Western, Northwestern and Northern Suburbs
We provide a full range of services to meet or exceed the expectations of all our customers! Below is a list of all the services:
- Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Dryer Vent Repairs and Replacement
- Save Energy
- Save Money
- Prevent Fires
Contact Us Today!
Contact Ron and his team at Just Dryer Vents if you are noticing that your dryer is running longer than it used to, if your clothes don’t feel dry after a drying cycle, you are noticing abnormal lint build up or mildew like smells on your clothes. All of these are common signs that you may need to have the dryer vent cleaned. A full load of clothes should not take more that 30 or 35 minutes to dry, this is especially true if you have a newer dryer or an energy efficient model. When your clothes dryer takes longer than that, you may benefit from a thorough vent pipe cleaning.
Some dryer vents in residential homes are relatively short and straight and can be cleaned easily by the homeowner, but others aren’t that easy, and may require the use of special tools and equipment. Modern dryer vent piping can be as long as 50 feet, some can even run through the attic and roof. At Just Dryer Vents we have tools specifically designed to clean even the toughest dryer vents. While dryer vents are routinely blocked with lint, animal nesting is also another frequent cause of dryer vent blockage and our equipment allows us to remove these blockages as well.
Other Reasons to Have Dryer Vent Systems Cleaned:
- Reduction of potential buildup of Carbon Monoxide (Gas dryer)
- Can help prevent overheating the Motor and Bearings
- Reduction of Moisture in Laundry Room
- Reduction of Mold and Mildew buildup